Monday, January 24, 2011

What's A Netbook Teacher?

I'm a Netbook Teacher. I use a Netbook in my classroom as a teaching tool. It's plugged into a Viewsonic projector and everything on my Netbook screen is visible on my whiteboard in the front of my classroom. I use Mimio software and a Mimio pad to "write" on the board. Beginning after Christmas break 2010, my students all came to school with their own Netbooks to use throughout the day. Many received theirs as a Christmas gift. Our school installed WiFi before Christmas, and we can all move about the campus and stay connected wirelessly to the Internet. It's a brave, and strange, new world at our school these days. So, a Netbook Teacher -- my definition -- is one who uses a Netbook to teach; and, one whose students also use Netbooks to learn. This blog's purpose is to chronicle our journey of teaching and learning with Netbooks in a one-to-one (1:1) environment: one student per Netbook for instant and always-available Internet access. There's more to describe, and I'll be doing that in the entries that follow. I hope you'll follow along!

No comments:

Post a Comment